For High School Students in Transition Planning
Take time to think about and answer the following questions:
- What do I want to do after high school?
- What do I want to do for work?
- Do I want to go to college?
- Do I need to go to college to get the job I want?
- Do I want to rent or buy a house?
- Do I want to have a roommate(s)?
- What do I like to do for fun?
Follow the S.N.O.W. format:
- What am I good at?
- What do I like to do?
- What do other people think I’m good at?
- What skills do I have?
- What things are difficult for me?
- Are there things I need to get better at, or learn, in order to reach my dreams?
- Who can help me reach my dreams?
- How can they help?
- What am I doing now that helps me reach my dreams?
- What do I worry about when I think about leaving high school and reaching my dreams?
Back to top
Source: Adapted from Maine Transition Network/Maine Committee on Transition and the Southern Maine Advisory Council on Transition (1997).